Saturday, July 2, 2016

Looking for a new phone, need recomendations

Hi,

I'm looking for a new smart phone, and need some recommendations.
I would like something reasonably good performing in the price range up to < 400€ (vat. included),
I think 3 GB ram, octa core CPU, 32 GB flash or more, USB-OTG and MicroSD slot are the important things. I don't like nano sim as my current prepayed SIM cant be cut down so much.
Most important I need root from the get go and later the option to flush custom ROMs (so unlocked bootloader)

I was looking around for some time and came up with the following contenders:

Sony Xperia Z3+; it appears its rootable and with the Sony website one can even get the boot loader unlocked officially.

HTC One M9; also here the manufacture supports bootloader unlocking

Umi Super; Super cheep, good hardware, apparently the manufacture supports rooting and custom ROMs. But its a no name brand, so how good is it?


Now, the two first contenders allow one to unlock the bootloader but with the catch 22 i.e. it may void the warranty. But that is irrelevant as in my country the seller has to replace any defective hardware within 6 months and if he does not want to he must prove that the use broke it. I.e. if he could prove the CPU got overheated than the user has to pay for the repair. But if the device is broken for an unknown cause being, rooted or not is irrelevant and he has to replace it.

That said there is an other catch apparently unlocking the bootloader deletes some DRM keys, now I'm not going to put anything DRM protected on my device.
But it seams that some stock functionality is already DRM protected how large is the impact of losing those and which are these exactly? (I could only find out that some noise reduction features o the camera on the sony are lost, but what else? and what about the HTC)

The Umi Super looks best to me (it also has 4 GB RAM), but I'm worried about how good it really is? The price if of cause Super :D

I would also go for any other no name phone if the price is right and the reviews good enough.

The HTC One M9 is a bit on the expensive side...


So whats your recommendations?

Cheers
David X.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29joOQj
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment