Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Nexus 6P: Wifi capped? (25-32 Mbps)

Hi,

In a attempt of last despair im hoping someone here has similar issues.

Since i got my Nexus 6P in the beginning (Android 6.0.1) it 'caps' the WiFi at roughly 25-32 Mbps. Only after putting the phone in airplane mode and putting it off airplane mode i'm regaining my 100+ Mbps wifi connection.

When im 'freshly' rebooting the phone all is fine, but overnight it sometimes decides "f*ck it" and it gets capped at 25-32 Mbps. This also occurs when im leaving my home and visiting another place with WiFi.

The RTT (ping) times are normally for my ISP and the link speeds are roughly 144 Mbps all the time. Even when im standing next to
the router it will keep capped at 25-32 Mbps (speedtests).

Other devices in my home are not effected by this (Nexus 9, Nexus 7, Nexus Player, Huwaei P8)

I have tried alot of options, including;
- Replacing my home router by 3 (!) different brands and reconfiguring them from scratch
- Back to stock, unrooted. full factory reset
- Different kernels (Franco, EX)
- Custom ROMs (PureNeXus, Paranoid Android)
- Band switching, different SSIDs for different bands
- Disabling the 'IPv6' stack on my phone aswell as my router

Did anyone expierence simular issues or do i just have a faulty device?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/290hm9K
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment