Saturday, May 28, 2016

Recover Data after Factory Reset CAN'T ROOT

I have an Galaxy S7 with a snapdragon processor. At some time recently, it turns out that the company I work for enacted a new security policy that automatically performs a factory data reset after a certain number of failed unlock attempts. My three year old got a hold of my phone and hit that number of failed login attempts.

As a result, I've lost all the photos and videos I took of my seconds son's first 10 days of life .:eek:

If I could do a straight up USB storage mode of my phone I could scan it with something like Recuva and hope for the best, but oh yeah, Android got rid of that for some asinine reason.

I'm absolutely stuck here, is there anyway at all to either force a USB storage mode when I connect my phone or a way to recover the files that doesn't require root? Should I just switch back to an old busted phone and hope that in the next month or two someone figures out a way to root the Snapdragon S7?


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1XFCoir

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment