Friday, April 29, 2016

Battery Too Hot Notification

So lately my 1.5 year old Galaxy Alpha running Lollipop (never rooted or modded) started having poor battery life. It used to shut off at 1% battery life. But started to die at even 15% recently. Now this past weekend I was on vacation and a few times the phone died at approx 35% and wouldn't turn back on without a charge first. And when it did come back on the time and date were very!! far off although I was in air plane mode but still seemed odd. A few days later I had it plugged in over night as I always do and saw that the phone was very hot in the morning in my hand. I unlocked it and a notification was up. Cant remember word for word but something along the lines of "battery too hot to charge". It would not charge, I've tried to pulled the battery and reinsert it etc. The odd time it will show on the screen that it is charging but it is stops very quickly. Is this normal for a 1.5 year old battery? Will a new battery solve this problem? I've had no issues with the charging port on this phone. The only problem I've had with this phone is the fingerprint scanner but I've opted to just not use it.

Basically I am hoping someone else has had similar symptons. I hope its not hardware and hoping its as simple as a new battery. But hate to order one and wait a week to find it hasn't helped. Thanks so much for reading this and hope to hear from you guys!


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1VXqRvG

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment