Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Custom kernel and How to flash it to Samsung Tab 3 - SM-T110

Hi,
I have two questions and hope someone here can help me.

1. I am trying to cross compile a kernel for the SM-T110 but I cannot find a kernel that matches the build number (software version on samsung;s site) I have on opensource.samsung.com. My SM-T110's build number is JDQ39-T110UEUANI8.

Does it matter if I cross compile a kernel running a different build number but still SM-T110?

2. How can I go about flashing the kernel to the tablet?
I try sideloading it through Recovery mode but I get a signature verification failed. I then use CWM recovery to get past signature verification but I get errors that it is looking for 4 arguments but my update,sh file only has three.

The reason I ask is I need to know the kernel config file in order to use the LiME.ko module. Both samsung tablets I have do not come with a .config file out of the box. Therefore I thought about cross compiling my own kernel. This way I know the config for it.

Your help is greatly appreciated.


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Y3PgPU

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment