Thursday, June 2, 2016

Finally made the switch from iPhone but now need some assistance!

I am a long time iPhone user and finally made the switch over to Android. I got fed up with the minute upgrades and the 3steps behind in the technology advances from* android.* With the iPhone 7 being ridiculous* minor updates and only the better camera coming to the PLUS version, that was my sign to leave.
I never would of been with Apple for soon if there wasn't a JB. JB opened the doors to customizing but it seems with all the new IOS releases these days its getting harder n harder to accomplish.

I got used to the simplicity of Apple and now need some assistance with my transition over to Android, specifically Samsung. I called Samsung, after they couldn't answer my questions told me to go to the best buy kiosk for Samsung to get help. I went there with some questions and had the guy searching on the Internet the whole time not knowing the answers. HaHa

So what better way to get support then from XDA.
I finally got* answers to some questions I had after tons of online research but still have some minor ones.

------ INTRO ENDED------

Memos & Task Dilemma. Backing up to Google.
I have a Samsung device, Galaxy s7 edge to be exact.
I am trying to keep everything simple and backed up to one cloud service, my Google account. I am able to get my calendar and contacts backed up to Google but having an issue with Memos and Tasks.
Can someone recommend a good Notes/Memo application that backs up to google?
Correct me if I am wrong but the native Memo application that comes on Samsung will only backup to Samsung cloud services.
As well as tasks that are created within the calendar. Not events but Tasks that u want to show in calendar with a simple reminder.

I tried google keep.* That seems good for quick notes and Reminders/Tasks but the tasks do not show up in your calendar.

I am trying to emulate a simple design* of calendar events* and Tasks in one logical area all backed to the same cloud service and Memos also backed up to the same cloud service.
With iPhone, I could create events and Tasks with Siri into native apps and* 3rd party calendars would input the calendar events and Tasks into their own, all being backed up to I cloud.
---------------------------------------------

* Is there a free, AdFree way to add simple text boxes to photos. It seems I can't do that natively on this Samsung device so I was hoping for a good recommendation on a 3rd party application.
---------------------------------------------
* Is there an easy way to scroll back to the top of the page after u scroll all the way down? With iPhone u just tap menu bar.
---------------------------------------------
* For the edge users. Is there a way to setup a default initial startup edge screen. It seems it only opens up to where u left off last.
---------------------------------------------
* Anyone know of a way to be able to change tracks that r playing with Spotify application via the volume buttons with a push notifications hold? Might need root for that. Just checking. Miss that function with JB iPhone.
---------------------------------------------
* On the computer u can filter search results on Google play by rating but I do not see that present on the Google play app, unless I am missing something.
---------------------------------------------
* Is there an UNDO method on Android for when typing and erasing too much or cuting wrong text? With iPhone u shake device and it would undo last action.
---------------------------------------------
* Can u recommend a good simple clean design keyboard?* I have been using the default one but the predictive correction is just horrible. I am not sure if it gets better over time but boy it auto corrects to wrong words.
---------------------------------------------
* I am using the Native messaging application and when I receive a group message r just a message with pictures, I see NO SUBJECT showing on the screen where all messages are shown. The senders do not have show subject line enabled on their iPhone on messaging settings.
---------------------------------------------
* Svoice vs Google voice, is it just a personal preference?
I can create a task with Svoice but not google voice it seems.
Svoice drags speed wise.
---------------------------------------------
* Do I need to close out all running apps or download one of these 3rd party apps to clear up cache n RAM?
With iPhone IOS it did a pretty good job of running the system clean n smooth. This android works good at times and sluggish at other times. That is why I am not sure if I need to be doing things to keep all working smooth.
---------------------------------------------
* Is there a way to get the date to show in menu bar?
---------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance for those who took the time to read this and provide educational feedback. I hope the answers received will help other users in the same situation.
Sorry for mis types, like I mentioned I am not having a good keyboard experience. HaHa
Posted from Samsung device.


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1XUHFT7

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment