Thursday, June 2, 2016

Under Clocking PC to Reduce Heat

I am currently running Remix OS for PC Hacked Edition 2.0.205 on a Toshiba Satellite Radius 12 (P25W-2300C-4k) 2 in 1 notebook. When booted into Remix the fans are generally running all the time. I though reducing the CPU would help with the heat and therefor reduce the fan use. I did something similar in Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04 and it works perfect. The notebook has a Core I7 Dual core 6th gen CPU so I should be able to reduce my clock by half without any problem. When I downloaded an oveerclocking app from the play store my only options were 400Mhz and 3.0GHz, there were no speeds in between. I tried another app and found the same thing. Has anyone else tried to under or over clock their CPU in Remix and found the same issue, only seeing two possible clock speeds?

Thanks


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Uz5eOW

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment