Monday, February 1, 2016

Problem with call quality with bluetooth

I own an ASUS Zenpad 370 CG phablet and a bluetooth headset Plantronics Voyager Legend. Android version is 5.0.2.

Here is my problem:

Earlier I was using this bluetooth with Samsung Galaxy SIII. The voice quality was great at both ends. But when I switched to Zenpad, I started hearing complaints from those with whom I was talking. I could hear them alright, but they complained of unclear sound.

I did the check by being at the other end. My wife called me, using the bluetooth, from SIII first and then from Zenpad. SIII sound was good, but Zenpad sound is faint. If she spoke up, I could hear her well. But at normal level of speech, I needed to strain my ear.

I checked bluetooth with Easy Voice Recorder and Skype. When I record with bluetooth on Easy Voice Recorder (Paid app), the voice is faint. But this app has a mic boost for bluetooth. When I boosted the mic, the sound came out loud enough and audio quality is also very good.

When I use bluetooth with Skype (Echo / sound testing service), my own voice (through bluetooth) played back to me is very clear.

I had one more interesting observation. I was talking to someone and needed to record the call. While talking to her, the sound quality at both ends wasn't great, but we could talk. But when I played back the recording, the sound quality of both of us was much better.

To me it seems that Zenpad's voice caller is somehow inferior to that in Samsung Galaxy SIII. I looked for bluetooth mic booster for voice calls. But there seems to be none such. I tried using other caller apps, but they also seem to use my built in app.

It seems that if I can somehow manipulate some settings in my caller app, or I can completely replace it with another caller app, I should be able to get very clear voice quality in Zenpad, like SIII.

What does the developer community here think? And what suggestion does it have, if any?

Thanks

Sanjay
Bangalore, India


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SxdTkE

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment