Monday, February 1, 2016

'Smart View' customization?

Hey everyone.

I was quite surprised to find a Huawei 'smart cover' included in the box of my HAM7 (Gold model). I'm usually not a fan of flip covers, but yet again I've never had a phone that actually utilizes it, so I thought I'd give it a go.

As you'd expect, when the lid is closed and the screen is turned on you will find the 'Smart View' mode, or whatever it's called. If you have some music playing you get a clunky music-controller on there, and you can answer calls with the cover closed. And here's where my frustration starts.

Firstly ,did they really spend time and resources building 'smart cover' functionality into the HAM7, only to give it 3 features? And secondly, why are there literally no customization options? On my 'smart view' the only thing displayed is the time, along with the crappy photo of some bridge as a background. It frustrates me endlessly that I cannot change a single thing about this. Not the content displayed, the position of the clock or even the background!

I would love to have my notifications show up here, along with (swiping to the left or right to reach several screens) the weather, some quick toggles and perhaps a calendar.

Does anyone know of any way ,be it via root apps or otherwise, to change at least the background of this seemingly pointless feature?

Cheers! :good:


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Q6OrOn

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment