Saturday, February 27, 2016

My experience with LG G3's KillSwitch

KillSwitch

Three different ways that I found to get rid of the KillSwitch
  1. Through deactivating and then reactivating your google account/s.
  2. Using the Hard Brick Recovery method.
  3. Octopus/Octoplusbox.
Explanation

The one I actually tried was the Hard Brick Recovery Method (WillCracker), but
even after that I was still unable to bypass the KillSwitch. So I went back BoardDiag and decided to flash the System, UserData, and Cache since I still couldn't get into download mode.
After about 5-6 hours it was completed. I try booting up download mode and guess what?! KillSwitch is still there xD. I'm absolutely fustrated now and all I could think of is to flash the rest of the files that the HBRM didn't say anything about.
I started flashing in this order: Modem, Misc, Persist, and RCT. Everything is now flashed and I hope everything worksout.
I turn on the phone, waiting patiently. Bootloop :( over and over again, but guess what?! I tried download mode one last time before I was going to go ape $h!t. Then to my surprise the download mode screen turned on, I used the LG Flash Tool and I am now killswitch free.
KillSwitch did come back after a few updates, but I was able to enter in a pin code allowing me in the future to turn it off at will

Well thank you all for listening, just wanted to share my experience.
as my first post, I do apologize in advance if this is the wrong area for this.

Keep on keeping on xD


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1KTsE0L

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment