Wednesday, February 3, 2016

No CEC on FireTV Stick

Hi,
I got a problem with my FireTV Stick. I want to use my Harmony IR remote and read that the FireTV Stick supports basic CEC. Currently, I use the CEC feature of my Samsung TV
for controlling my PS3, so CEC is working in general.

Not for the FireTV Stick. The stick is recogniced by my TV and Onkyo receiver by name, but I can not control anything.

My current firmware is "54.1.2.3_user_12306702". I used the ADB shell to check for the settings for CEC, but the config "/sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0/cec" does not exist.
The cec daemon can be found under "/system/bin/cecdaemon" but it is not running. Simply starting it does not help. Do I need root for that?

The support told me that CEC is currently broken, but there are useres out there where CEC is working with that FW. I already tried a reset, but no change.
I was hoping to replace the FireTV remote completely by implementing some missing features in FireStarter (I'm a Java developer but no Android expert)

http://ift.tt/1o5Ifj7

I hope someone can help me.


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1VLjxz7

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment